Photo: Belmont High School.
In an attempt to keep their neighbors’ informed on the latest about the COVID-19 pandemic, the co-moderators of the Belmont Massachusetts Parents Facebook Group – Amy Kirsch, Fitzie Cowing, Shana Wang and Kristi Armstrong – are managing a Fast Fact webpage that includes updates and contact information.
It also has ways to contact nearly 80 volunteers who can run errands for food or prescriptions and do porch drop-offs.
FAST HELP: COVID-19 Resources Sheet for Belmont
To add resources please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local and state news:
- All Massachusetts public and private schools closed until April 7. Public town buildings including the fire station are closed to visitors.
- Police Station is still open, but call first – 617-484-1212 – some cases can be completed over the phone.
- Gatherings of over 25 people are banned until April 5. Social distancing practices are important. Social distancing means maintaining at least six feet from others.
- All bars and restaurants in Massachusetts will be shut down to on-premise consumption starting Tuesday through April 17. Take-out only.
- Essential senior services are still available including food, social work, counseling and transportation. 617-992-2970
If you are experiencing a medical emergency dial 911, if you suspect you have Covid-19 (main symptoms are fever, cough, & shortness of breath), call the hotlines first. You will want to make sure there are tests available.
Latest Covid-19 & Coronavirus News in Massachusetts.
Free Covid-19 Hotlines & emails
- Dial 211– Massachusetts State Covid-19 hotline. Nothing off-limits ask to get answers to all your questions
- 617-993-2222 – Belmont Covid19 hotline- open 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., or use this email address for questions.
- 617-724-7000 -Partners HealthCare Coronavirus Hotline. Open 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days/week – expert answers to your urgent questions.
- 617-983-6800 -Massachusetts Department of Public Health 24- hour Emergency Hotline.
- Military Health System Nurse Hotline 1-800-874-2273 or connect via online chat here: https://www.mhsnurseadviceline.com/home
- 1-800-985-5990 – Disaster Relief Hotline – 24-hour national hotline for emotional distress crisis counseling including relating with Covid-19. This is toll-free, multilingual, and confidential.
- 1-800-985-5990 or by texting TalkWithUS 66746 – SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline. Get support regarding your anxiety or stress by speaking to a trained counselor.
- Text “Home” to 741741 – Texting Hotline for Emotional Distress when you are feeling depressed, sad, or going through any kind of emotional crisis, a crisis worker will text you back immediately.
Help with Food, Errands, & Prescription deliveries
Belmont Massachusetts Parents Help: Sign up if you need help with food supplies & errands or want to volunteer. We have 100 helpers signed up to leave porch drop-offs.
Belmont High School Students Help – For anyone who needs food or supplies during this time, a group of Belmont High School students have volunteered to pick them up, and deliver them to your door. Contact email@example.com or text 617-818-3149 for more information. Please spread the word to others who may be interested!
Mutual Aid (various towns – Medford Somerville, Cambridge included) Volunteer or get help.
Project Bread FoodSource Hotline 1-800-645-8333. A toll-free hotline that is the only comprehensive statewide information and referral service in Massachusetts for people facing hunger—can connect you to food resources in your community. TTY: 1-800-377-1292
Belmont Helps During Covid-19 Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/499445960671817/
CVS Delivery: CVS is now offering free delivery on prescriptions & other store essentials.
Belmont Schools Free or Reduced lunch for students that rely on this service – Breakfast and lunch, pick up at Belmont High School outdoor tent. Food services will have a roster ready where we’ll check off students each day.
- Monday, 3/16: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, 3/17: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, 3/18: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Belmont Connects– links to other popular Belmont groups online
General COVID-19 Facts and Prevention
CDC – most up to date Covid-19 info.
Printables: How to keep the workplace, school, home and commercial establishments safe.
Belmont Board of Health Covid-19 advisory.
Outbreak: Parent Guide From National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
The World Health Organization is a great resource for information and comes in many languages. Includes a myth busters section. To learn the facts about COVID-19 and help stop the spread of misinformation, visit CDC’s webpage: Share the Facts, Stop Fear.
Covid-19 daily check and report
American Heart Association Covid-19 Resources & Precautions – https://www.heart.org/en/about-us/coronavirus-covid-19-resources
Kids Resources: Gentle Reminder: Sharing equipment on the playground is not suggested
A Comic explaining Covid-19 to kids: https://tinyurl.com/vfs9yxa
Talking to kids about Corona: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/talking-with-children.html
Belmont Little Free Library Locations: https://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/
Giant List of Things to do with the Kids at Home – https://tinyurl.com/rl6q2sg
Free Educational Online Subscriptions for kids – https://tinyurl.com/ujmtsm8
Grade 3-6 Choice Board: https://tinyurl.com/wj4w4q9
Scholastic learn at home for 20 days: https://tinyurl.com/sozkskk
Caregiver Resources from Lesley University: https://tinyurl.com/srzd59q
150 Enrichment Activities for kids while parents are working remotely at home – https://tinyurl.com/rxj2hsy
Outschool Online Classes for pre-k-12 grades: Outschool.com
Free Sing-along for toddlers online Tuesday 10 a.m. www.singintoreading.com/pl/139824
Free Harvard edX online courses: https://www.edx.org/school/harvardx
A huge compilation list of from your living room museum tours, kids resource links, online classes: https://www.facebook.com/joy.novackrosson/posts/10222568754591766
Free Delivery or curb-side pickup of Books & Games by Belmont Books – (617) 932-1496
Free Delivery, curb-side pickup, and private appointments at The Toy Shop of Belmont (617)489-0070