If you missed going to New York Fashion Week last month, no need to fret. This Sunday, Oct. 26, Belmont will be home to a unique jour de haute couture.
The Belmont Woman’s Club is holding its own fashion show with some of the most sought after local celebrities modeling the latest from CAbi (women) and UNIQLO at 3 p.m. at the historic Oakley Country Club off Belmont Street in Watertown.
And look who will be strutting the catwalk this Sunday:
- Selectman’s Andy Rojas (known for his taste in ties),
- School Committee’s Laurie Slap,
- Belmont Fire Chief David Frizzell,
- TV legal analyst Wendy Murphy,
- Belmont Savings CEO Bob Mahoney,
- Henry Frost Children’s Program’s Iris Ponte,
- Town Treasurer Floyd Carman,
- Belmont Police’s Jamie MacIssac,
- and all the way from the French Department at Belmont High, Jacqueline Kaiser, to name just a few.
This afternoon of fashion and fun will raise funds for the Preservation of the historic Homer House, the long-time headquarters of the Woman’s Club located across Pleasant Street from Belmont Town Hall.