Photo: Belmont League of Women Voters’ is sponsoring Candidate’s Night.
The Belmont League of Women Voters’ annual Candidates’ Night – being held tonight, Wednesday, March 30, at 6:30 p.m. in the Chenery Middle School auditorium – will give residents the opportunity to hear directly from the candidates seeking seats on the Belmont Board of Selectmen, School Committee and the contested seat on the Housing Authority.
Tonight’s schedule is:
- 6:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Meet incumbent and new Town Meeting candidates in the lobby of the auditorium.
- 7 p.m.: Town Meeting Members will introduce themselves in order of precinct number. No speeches just a quick greeting.
- 7:45 p.m.: Candidates for town-wide office will speak and answer questions from a moderator on the stage.
- Selectmen: Incumbent Mark Paolillo and challenger Alexandra Ruban.
- School Committee: Each are first-time candidates for two seats; Sabri Murat Bicer, Kimberly O’Mahony and Andrea Prestwich.
- Housing Authority: Tomi Olson and Paul Rickter are vying for the one three-year seat.
The night’s events will be broadcast by the Belmont Media Center.