With the Massachusetts General Election just 15 days away, Belmont Town Clerk Ellen Cushman wants registered voters prepared what to expect on the ballot and where to go to cast one.
The polls will be open in Belmont for the Nov. 4 State Election from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. There are many candidate races on the ballot this year as well as five questions on the Belmont ballot. The Town Clerk’s office offers the following non-partisan sources for Belmont voters to be informed voters prior to getting your ballot on Election Day :
- The Secretary of the Commonwealth mailed a red booklet to every household in Massachusetts, titled “Massachusetts Information for Voters, 2014 Ballot Questions.” This booklet covers the four state ballot questions, however Belmont has a fifth question voters should examine.
- Visit the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s website, enter your Belmont address and find out your voting location and precinct number and view a copy of the Sample Ballot for Belmont, which includes Question 5, a non-binding question from Belmont state Rep. David Rogers.
- Visit the Belmont Town Clerk’s website to see the precinct maps, and answers to frequently asked questions about voting.
Massachusetts Information for Voters, 2014 Ballot Questions, published by the the Secretary of the Commonwealth:
Question 1: Law Proposed by Initiative Petition – Eliminating Gas Tax Indexing
Question 2: Law Proposed by Initiative Petition – Expanding the Beverage Container Deposit Law
Question 3: Law Proposed by Initiative Petition – Expanding Prohibitions on Gaming
Question 4: Law Proposed by Initiative Petition – Earned Sick Time for Employees
Question 5: Shall the state representative from this district be instructed to vote in favor of legislation that would allow the state to regulate and tax marijuana in the same manner as alcohol?
- Precinct 1: Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 2: Belmont Town Hall, Selectmen’s Meeting Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 3: Beech Street Center, (Senior Center), 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 4: Daniel Butler School, Gymnasium, 90 White St.
- Precinct 5: Beech Street Center, (Senior Center), 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 6: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct 7: Burbank School, Gymnasium, 266 School St.
- Precinct 8: Winn Brook School, Gymnasium, 97 Waterhouse Rd. (Enter from Cross Street)
Questions? Contact Belmont Town Clerk’s office at 617-993-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org