Photo: Voters casting ballots in Belmont.
Belmont votes for president today, Tuesday, Nov. 8 as part of the 2016 Presidential Election.
POLLS ARE OPEN FROM 7 A.M. TO 8 P.M. Those in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to cast their ballot.
A sample ballot can be viewed here.
Voters are encouraged to check their voter registration status and voting precinct before they go to vote by visiting the Town Clerk’s web page.
Voters who have not returned a town census in 2015 or 2016 are classified as “inactive” voters, a status that requires the voter to present identification to return to the active voting rolls. Bring an ID such as a driver’s license when you go to vote to make the process simpler on election day.
BELMONT VOTING LOCATIONS
- Precinct One: Belmont Public Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Two: Belmont Town Hall, Selectmen’s Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Three: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Four: Daniel Butler School Gym, 90 White St.
- Precinct Five: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Six: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct Seven: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct Eight: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Rd., Enter From Cross Street.
Don’t know your voting precinct? Visit the Town Clerk’s website for a list of Belmont precinct assignments by street:
- Select Town Departments
- Select Town Clerk,
- then select Elections: Information for Residents and scroll down the page.
Or go directly here.
ARRIVE EARLY, CONSIDER TRAFFIC AND LIMITED PARKING
Belmont Police will designate some voter parking at each of the polling locations however with a very busy election, parking close to the voting sites is often a challenge. Plan ahead: consider walking, carpooling with a friend or voting “off peak” during the middle of the day.
If you would like further clarification of your party, voting status, voting precinct or have any other questions related to the upcoming election, please call the Belmont Town Clerk’s Office at 617-993-2600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org