Today, Tuesday, Sept. 9, most, but not all, Belmont voters will have the opportunity to cast ballots in state party primaries to select the candidates who will meet in the General Election in November.
Polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Who can vote
While legally registered to vote, not everyone can cast a ballot today, This is a political party primary which limits the election to those registered party voters. In Massachusetts, the two parties this election cycle are the Democrat and Republican. Unenrolled voters can vote by asking for one of the two parties ballots. Any one registered as a member of a minor party – the Pirate Party, for example – will not be allowed to take out a ballot.
You may be asked for ID
Did you fill out your town census form mailed earlier in the year? If you did not, then you are known as an “inactive” voter. Luckily, an “inactive” voter may still vote but first must provide adequate identification proving the voter’s identity and current place of residence. Usually a Massachusetts Driver’s License or State issued ID are sufficient.
Find out here.
Transportation to the polls
The League of Women Voters of Belmont is offering rides to the polls from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call 617-771-8500 to schedule transportation.
Questions about or during voting
Most questions – including who is eligible to vote in Belmont – that arise during voting can be answered by the precinct warden at the polling station. Other questions should be addressed to the Town Clerk’s Office at 617-993-2600.
Where do I vote?
Don’t know where to vote? Call the Town Clerk at 617-993-2600, or read or download the handy map included on this web page that includes a street directory.
- Precinct 1; Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 2: Belmont Town Hall, Selectmen’s Meeting Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 3: Beech Street Center (Senior Center), 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 4: Daniel Butler School, 90 White St.
- Precinct 5: Beech Street Center (Senior Center), 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 6: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct 7: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct 8: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Rd (Enter at Cross St)
Leave a Review or Comment