Photo: “Chicago” performed by the Belmont High School Performing Arts Company.
Broadway comes to Belmont as the Belmont High School Performing Arts Company presents the hit musical “Chicago” this weekend at the Belmont High School auditorium.
- Thursday, March 23 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 24 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25 at 2 p.m. (matinee) and 7 p.m.
ADULTS: $15 in advance, $18 at the door
STUDENTS: 10 (BHS Students get half-price tickets on Thursday)
WHERE TO GET TICKETS:
Tickets are on sale at Champions in Belmont Center, and available online.
Chicago is one of the most iconic American musicals. It currently holds the record for longest-running Broadway Revival, thanks to the dazzling score, captivating story, and sensational dance. Set in the 1920s the show centers on a world of murder, fame, corruption, but most importantly: show business, and song/dance.
The show features a large cast of more than 80 students along with a backstage crew of equal size, working to bring the show to life. The production of “Chicago” highlights the Vaudeville backdrop for the show, which serves as a storytelling device and a platform for the show’s themes: the divide between appearance/reality, the nature of fame, the power of celebrity, and the workings of the justice system.
This production’s cast includes:
- Roxie Hart: Olivia Pierce
- Velma Kelly: Anelise Allen
- Billy Flynn: Evan Wagner
- Amos: Sammy Haines
- Mama Morton: Lea Grace Swinson
- Mary Sunshine: Oliver Leeb
- Liz (“Pop”): Molly Thomas
- Annie (“Six”): Nicole Thoma
- June (“Squish”): Cheyenne Isaac
- Hunyak (Uh-Uh): Miriam Cubstead
- Mona (“Lipschitz”): Amelia Ickes.
Leave a Review or Comment