With this ring … ouch!
Sept. 21 – About half-past 9 p.m., Engine 1 and Rescue 1 were sent to a Trapel0 Road residence. There they discovered that a resident’s ring had become a bit too snug around the finger. It was carefully removed.
Not the first or last time this fall
Sept. 22 – Half past 10 p.m., a call came in that a Belmont Street residential structure was filling with smoke. When the entire company arrived at the site, they discovered the building’s oil burner was running smoky as it started-up, most likely for the first time this season. The aforementioned burner was shut down, and the landlord was advised to have it serviced before placing it back in operation. Homeowners and landlords need to watchful with burners that have not been running since spring.
Sept. 23 – At a quarter to 7 p.m., a Philip Road resident was cooking outside one last time when his gas grill suddenly caught fire. Luckily, the fire was contained to the grill.
What a fine mess you’ve got yourself
Sept. 25 – Just before 7 p.m., Engine 2 and Ladder 1 were dispatched to a Slate Road two-family to investigate a reported odor of smoke inside the house. Turns out that the likely culprit was an overheated light bulb in the first-floor bathroom. But firefighters also found a potential fire hazard from the large amount of storage in the basement. Firefighters assisted the storage maven to relocate some of his belonging as to create a five foot perimeter away from the burner.
Outside fire is the pits
Sept. 27 – Just after 7 p.m., Engine 1 set off for Cushing Avenue after some people reported a fire and heavy smoke coming from the back yard. Turns out a resident was using a fire pit. The homeowner agreed to extinguish the blaze and told of the town’s bylaw prohibiting such outdoor displays.