Photo: I voted.
Approximately 3,4oo residents took advantage of two weeks of early voting as Belmont prepares to cast ballots in the state general election today, Tuesday, Nov. 6.
The early balloting makes up nearly 20 percent of the roughly 17,100 registered voters in town and is already more than the 2,820 who voted in the town’s annual election in April, according to Town Clerk Ellen Cushman.
Strong interest in the election was expected with a major debt exclusion vote to pay for a new 7-12 school building along with races for all of Massachusetts’ state and federal constitutional offices.
Here is some basic fact on voting in Belmont today:
Polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Who can vote
All legally registered voters affiliated with any political party and the unenrolled.
You may be asked for ID
Did you fill out your town census form mailed earlier in the year? If you did not, then you are known as an “inactive” voter. Luckily, an “inactive” voter may still vote but first must provide adequate identification proving the voter’s identity and current place of residence. Usually a Massachusetts Driver’s License or State issued ID are sufficient.
Who is on the ballot?
Find out about the federal, state and country candidates running.
What are the ballot questions?
QUESTION 1: Patient-to-Nurse Limits
QUESTION 3: Transgender Anti-Discrimination
QUESTION 4: Approve a Debt Exclusion to construct a 7-12 school building.
View a sample ballot here.
Most questions – including who is eligible to vote in Belmont – that arise during voting can be answered by the precinct warden at the polling station. Other questions should be addressed to the Town Clerk’s Office at 617-993-2600.
Where do I vote?
Don’t know where to vote? Call the Town Clerk at 617-993-2600, or read or download the handy map included on this web page that includes a street directory.
- Precinct 1; Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 2: Belmont Town Hall, Selectmen’s Meeting Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 3: Beech Street Center (Senior Center), 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 4: Daniel Butler School, 90 White St.
- Precinct 5: Beech Street Center (Senior Center), 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 6: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct 7: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct 8: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Rd. (Enter at Cross St)