Photo: It’s election day in Belmont
Voting in the Massachusetts State Primary will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Questions about the election process can be directed to the Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall. The phone number is (617) 993-2603
All voters wishing to cast their ballot on Election Day must go to their assigned voting precinct.
This election will determine who will serve as Representative in Congress, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, State Auditor, Governor’s Council, State Senator, State Representative, District Attorney, and Sheriff.
There are also four state wide ballot questions voters will decide will or will not be acted on. They are:
- QUESTION 1: Additional Tax on Income Over One Million Dollars
- QUESTION 2: Regulation of Dental Insurance
- QUESTION 3: Expanded Availability of Licenses for the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages
- QUESTION 4: Eligibility for Driver’s Licenses
Finally, Belmont voters will vote to approve or reject two debt exclusion to finance capital projects: A new skating rink/athletic facility and the construction of a new public library.
Belmont’s voting precincts:
- Precinct One: Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Two: Belmont Town Hall, Select Board Room 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Three: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Four: Daniel Butler School Gym, 90 White St.
- Precinct Five: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Six: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct Seven: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct Eight: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Road, Enter From Cross St.
Voters who have been informed that their voting status has been changed to Inactive should be prepared to present identification before being permitted to vote.