Photo: The state primary election will be held in Belmont from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6
Voting in the Massachusetts State Primary will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 6. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All voters wishing to cast their ballot on Election Day must go to their assigned voting precinct.
This election will determine who will be the Democratic and Republican candidate in the general election. On Ballot: Representative in Congress, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, State Auditor, Governor’s Council, State Senator, State Representative, District Attorney, Sheriff.
Belmont’s voting precincts:
- Precinct One: Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Two: Belmont Town Hall, Select Board Room 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Three: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Four: Daniel Butler School Gym, 90 White St.
- Precinct Five: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Six: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct Seven: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct Eight: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Road, Enter From Cross St.
Voters who have been informed that their voting status has been changed to Inactive should be prepared to present identification before being permitted to vote.
If You Requested a Vote By Mail Ballot But Prefer to Vote In Person
Voters who have requested an absentee or an early vote by mail ballot should expect that the precinct will check with the Town Clerk to determine if a ballot has already been received for that voter.
Voters who Need to Return their Mailed Ballot for Counting
Any voter who would like to return a absentee or vote by mail ballot to be counted, must return the ballot to the Town Clerk by the close of polls on election night, 8 pm. It cannot be delivered to a voting precinct. There is a dedicated drop box for the Town Clerk at the base of the steps to Town Hall along the driveway at parking lot level.