Photo: Saying Grace” Norman Rockwell (1951)
Thanksgiving is a national and state holiday – one of only ten recognized by the federal government – and while most businesses along with federal, state and town offices are closed shut, there are a few places where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the kitchen or pick up a coffee or hot chocolate (you’ll need it today!) before the 99th Belmont/Watertown high schools football game which will be at “Victory” Field in H2O-town with kick off at 10:15 a.m.
- Starbucks in Belmont Center is open from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dunkin’ at Trapelo Road and Beech Street will be operating under normal hours from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. The location on Church Street (in Waverley Square) will be open from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. The store at 350 Pleasant St. will be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- CVS at 264 Trapelo Rd. is open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. while the pharmacy is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- CVS in Belmont Center on Leonard Street is operating from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. The pharmacy is closed.
- Star Market in Waverley Square is closed all day.