Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 4, ends the last big getaway weekend of the summer.
It’s one of ten holidays recognized by the federal government, although the feds don’t require employers to pay workers for this holiday. Businesses traditionally provide their employees with a paid holiday as part of a benefits package because most other employers do the same.
Trash and recycling collection is delayed ONE DAY due to the holiday: If your pickup day is Monday, this week it will be collected on Tuesday, etc.
Belmont Town offices, Belmont Public Library, and Belmont Light are closed.
• US Postal Service offices and regular deliveries.
• Banks; although some branches will be open in some supermarkets.
• MBTA: Operating on a Sunday schedule. See www.mbta.com for details.
• Retail stores
• Coffee shops; Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts are open.
• Convenience stores and,
• Establishments that sell beer and wine are also allowed to be open.