Ummmmm, it’s nothing
On July 21 at a few minutes before noon, a crew from Engine 2 arrived at a two-family on Whitcomb Street to investigate what residents called a “humming” sound in the building. Checking all the household appliances and utilities that could create a “humming” sound, the company were unable to hear any “abnormal” sounds.
And there will be … fire
On July 21 at 8:22 p.m. firefighters arrived at a Clifton Street house for a reported “smoking driveway gate.” The homeowner told the arriving company that some debris had got caught under the lens of a landscape lighting which caught fire. She removed the offending debris and put out the blaze herself.
Smoker’s butt likely culprit
On July 25 at a quarter past 2 p.m., an employee at the Starbucks Coffee in Cushing Square noticed that a small fire had erupted in the mulch near the establishment’s front door. The crew from Engine 1 brought the smoldering brush under control. The location is a favorite haunt for smokers to puff away before entering the store.