Columbus Day, which is annually on the second Monday of October, remembers Christopher Columbus’ arrival to the Americas on October 12, 1492. Government offices are generally closed, but businesses may be open.
In Belmont, trash collection and recycling are delayed a day.
The MBTA is operating on its weekday schedule on all branches, lines and routes.
- Town, federal and state offices: Closed.
- Belmont Public Schools: Closed.
- Belmont Public Library: Closed.
- Banks: Closed.
- US Postal Service: Closed; express delivery only.
- Supermarkets: Open.
- Retail stores: Open at owner’s discretion.
- Restaurants: Open at owner’s discretion.
- Beer and wine stores: Open at owner’s discretion.