Photo: Fireworks for the 4th.
Sunny and hot is the forecast for the “Bless’d 4th” in Belmont. If you’re looking for a cool place to hang out,
So go out and celebrate a wonderful Independence Day!
- Belmont town offices and the public library: Closed today.
- Underwood pools: Open ’til 8 p.m.
- Studio Cinema, 376 Trapelo Rd.: Three screenings of the hit Toy Story 4 at 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Spider-Man Far From Home starts tomorrow!
- Belmont Farmers Market is closed for the holiday.
- Trash/recycling pick-up: Don’t put out the garbage Thursday as curbside collection will be delayed a day because of the holiday.
- State offices: Closed.
- Federal offices: Closed.
- US Postal Service: Post offices closed, no mail delivery.
- MBTA: Bus service is running on a Sunday schedule, according to the MBTA website. The Red Line subway from Alewife and Harvard will operate a Sunday schedule with rush-hour levels of service beginning at 2 p.m. to accommodate holiday ridership.The Fitchburg commuter rail servicing Belmont Center and Waverley stations will operate on a modified Saturday schedule with the last train leaving North Station at 11:30 p.m. Fares will not be collected after 9:30 p.m.
- Retail stores: For many if not all of the large national stores such as Star Market and CVS, today is Thursday; most smaller retailers will be closed. Starbucks in Belmont Center will be open from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (the Starbucks in Cushing Square has not yet opened) while it’s a regular day at Dunkin’ Donuts on Trapelo Road at Beech Street and in Waverley Square on Church.
- Convenience stores: Open.
Thursday, July 4th
Boston 10 p.m. Hatch Shell on the Esplanade (along either side of the Charles River down to the BU Bridge)
Newton 9:30 p.m. Albemarle Field, Horace Mann Elementary at the corner of Albemarle Road and Watertown Street.
Waltham 9 p.m. Leary Field at Athletic Field Road and Lexington Street.
Friday, July 5th
Lexington 9:30 p.m. Lexington High School Baseball Field, Worthen Road.