Photo: Memorial Day at Belmont Cemetery, 2019
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for honoring and mourning the military personnel who have died in the performance of their military duties while serving in the United States Armed Forces. It’s observed in 2021 on Monday, May 31.
Belmont will commemorate Memorial Day with a ceremony at Belmont Cemetery off of Grove Street at 11 a.m.
- Belmont Town offices and Belmont Light are closed. They will officially reopen to the public on Tuesday, June 1.
- US Postal Service offices and regular deliveries.
- Banks; although branches will be open in some supermarkets.
MBTA: Operating buses and subways on a Sunday schedule. See www.mbta.com for details.
Trash and recycling collection: There will be no collection Monday; trash and recycling will be delayed ONE DAY
• Retail stores
• Coffee shops: Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts are serving coffee all day
• Convenience and drug stores (CVS) open regular hours
• Establishments that sell beer and wine are also allowed to be open.
Leave a Review or Comment