Photo: Unity Avenue
If it wasn’t the Fourth of July, much of Belmont would be closed today because it’s going to be a near perfect summer day: mostly sunny, low humidity and comfortable temperatures with the high in the low 80s.
So go out and celebrate a wonderful Independence Day!
- Belmont town offices and the public library: Closed today.
- Underwood Pools: Open until 8 p.m.
- Trash/recycling pick-up: Don’t put out the garbage Tuesday as curbside collection will be delayed a day because of the 4th.
- State offices: Closed.
- Federal offices: Closed.
- US Postal Service: Post offices closed, no mail delivery.
- MBTA: Bus service is running on a Sunday schedule, according to the MBTA website. The Red Line subway from Alewife and Harvard will operate a Sunday schedule with rush-hour levels of service beginning at 2 p.m. to accommodate holiday ridership.The Fitchburg commuter rail servicing Belmont Center and Waverley stations will operate on a Saturday schedule with the last train leaving North Station at 11:30 p.m. Fares will not be collected after 9:30 p.m.
- Retail stores: Most of the large national stores such as Star Market and CVS will be open; most smaller retailers will be closed. Starbucks in Belmont Center will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. while it’s a regular day at Dunkin’ Donuts on Trapelo Road at Beech Street and in Waverley Square on Church.
- Convenience stores: Open.
- Banks: Closed.
- Stock market: Closed.