Photo: At the market
It’s another market day in Belmont. But looking at the calendar, there are only five Farmer Market Thursdays left in the season! What are you waiting for?
With the fall weather arrives with fall produce: in the fruit category, there are apples, pears and the last strawberries. Vegetables in season are broccoli, carrots and cabbage, the last of corn on the cob, garlic, leeks, potatoes, pumpkins and sprouts along with tomatoes and winter squash.
Market hours are 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The market is located in the municipal parking lot behind Belmont Center at the corner of Channing and Cross.
- Boston Smoked Fish Co,
- Couët Farm & Fromagerie,
- Dick’s Market Garden,
- Flats Mentor Farm,
- Foxboro Cheese Co.,
- Goodies Homemade,
- Hutchins Farm,
- Kimball Fruit Farm,
- Mamadou’s Artisan Bakery,
- Nicewicz Family Farm,
- Red’s Best,
- sfolia baking company,
- Stillman Quality Meats
Performances in the Events Tent
• 4:30 p.m.: Sandy Ridge Boys play traditional, straight-ahead bluegrass on banjo, dobro, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, and bass.
Tasting in the Events Tent
• 2 p.m.: Tasting by Spoodles Soup Factory, a new Belmont restaurant next to the Studio Cinema.
• 4 p.m.: Stories for all ages, sponsored by the Belmont Public Library.
• Lisa Fiore from the Belmont School Committee.