Photo: St. Joseph’s, Common Street, 7 a.m. Christmas morning.
Merry Christmas, Belmont.
If after unwrapping presents from around the tree (or if you are staying late in bed) and have a need to wander to someplace in town, there are just a handful of places you can head off towards.
The 100-year-old baking landmark in Cushing Square, 456 Common St., will be open from 6 a.m. to noon. Coffee, breads, cakes, pastries and the best donuts in the world.
• The store at 353 Trapelo Rd. in Central Square (the one near Beech Street) is already up and running since 5 a.m. and will remain open until 11 p.m.
• The 52 Church St. store in Waverley Square is closed today.
• The operation in Belmont Center at 47 Leonard St. is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Cushing Square store at 112 Trapelo St. is shut today
• The store at 264 Trapelo Rd. will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas, although the pharmacy is closed.
• The Belmont Center location at 60 Leonard St. will be shuttered on Christmas.
If you are looking to get around on the MBTA:
• The Fitchburg/South Acton Line will operate a Sunday schedule while buses and trackless trolleys that operate in Belmont are likewise running on a Sunday schedule.
What would Christmas be if the local movie theater was closed? Thankfully, Belmont’s Studio Cinema at Trapelo and Beech will be showing “Starwars: The Force Awakens” at 4 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and a late show starting at 10:30 p.m.
And a few Chinese restaurants in town will be open.