Photo: All Saints Church, Common Street
Merry Christmas, Belmont.
If after unwrapping presents from around the tree (or if you are staying late in bed) and have a need to wander to someplace in town, there are just a handful of places you can head off towards.
• The store at 353 Trapelo Rd. in Central Square (the one near Beech Street) will be up and running at 5 a.m. and will remain open until 11 p.m.
• The 52 Church St. store in Waverley Square is closed today.
• The Belmont Center store at 47 Leonard St. is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Cushing Square store at 112 Trapelo St. is shut today
• The store at 264 Trapelo Rd. will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas, although the pharmacy is closed.
• The Belmont Center location at 60 Leonard St. will be shuttered on Christmas.
If you are looking to get around on the MBTA:
• The Fitchburg/South Acton Line will operate a Sunday schedule while buses and trackless trolleys that operate in Belmont are likewise running on a Sunday schedule.
What would Christmas be if the local movie theater was closed? Thankfully, Belmont’s Studio Cinema at Trapelo and Beech will be showing the animated film “Sing” (rated PG) at 3 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
And a few Chinese restaurants in town will be open.